Although most of the time our courses run smoothly, please read our terms and conditions carefully before booking a course.
By booking your course of lessons with mrdrivingschool.co.uk you are indicating that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
Important. Before booking a course online it is advised that you contact us first to ensure we cover your area, if you have not done this any refunds can take 30-60 days to process, it is important to remember that we only offer automatic tuition in limited areas at present.
• “You” means the person named on the booking form as the person taking the course or their representative.
• “We” “Us” means the individual instructor or Mr Driving School.
• “The Instructor” means a driving instructor acting on his/her own behalf or on behalf of Mr Driving School.
General Terms and Conditions.
1. All pupils must pass the legal required eye sight test (20.5m or 67 ft). This will be conducted by your driving instructor on the first lesson, should you fail the eyesight check the course would have to be postponed until you have corrected your eyesight. Any agreed hours booked in with the instructor would be forfeited.
2. In the unlikely event that the instructor’s vehicle breaks down, a refund of the outstanding lesson time will be made if an alternative instructor cannot be arranged.
3. All our instructors have been approved or licensed by the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency. (DVSA)
4. The Driving Instructor will not answer their phone whilst the pupil is driving, except in an emergency or after reaching agreement with the pupil. In any event this will be done safely.
5. The Driving Instructor will not smoke in the vehicle
6. The Training vehicle will be in good working order and fitted with dual controls.
7. Refreshment breaks will form part of your daily tuition.
8. All special offers and courses/lesson prices may be subject to change without notice and are at the discretion of Mr Driving School.
9. If transport to the theory or practical test centre is required during a lesson, this will form part of your lesson time. From when you arrive in the car until we drop you off home after the theory or practical test. Transport will be arranged only if requested, and will depend on your instructor’s availability.
10. Shared lessons/courses can be made available with the agreement of all parties.
11. Driving Instructors reserve the right to refuse the use of their car should they believe the candidate isn’t at test standard.
12. If payments are not up to date Mr Driving School reserves the right not to schedule future lessons until payments have been received.
Payments and Refunds.
1. Payment for all intensive courses must be made in full 14 days before your course begins.
2. The deposit (part payment) for the course is payable on booking a course to Mr Driving School which allows us to book your theory or practical tests in advance and reserve an instructor. (The deposit is not the full balance)
3. All deposits paid are non-refundable if the course is cancelled by the pupil once an instructor has been reserved by Mr Driving School. Driving instructors are all self-employed business men and women and a cancellation of the course leaves the driving instructor without any income for that week. Courses may be rescheduled for a later date at the instructor’s discretion.
4. In the unlikely event that we cannot fulfil your booking and allocate you an instructor, a full refund of the deposit will be given.
5. If payment is received by an instructor for a course of lessons and the pupil does not complete the course. The remaining hours are valid for a period of 1 month, After this time the lessons and test fees will be forfeited.
Theory and Practical Tests
1. A practical driving test cannot be booked until the pupil has successfully passed the theory test and we have been informed of the theory pass number.
2. Mr Driving School and/or you’re driving instructor cannot be held responsible for any test cancelled by the DVSA due to any of the following reasons – bad weather, examiner strikes, examiner illness or any other reason beyond the control of Mr Driving School or your instructor. Where possible you’re driving instructor will arrange another date to finish of your course in the event of any of the above scenarios.
3. Practical test availability is beyond our control and is the total and absolute responsibility of the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA). All attempts will be made by us to secure a practical test local to the pupil. If no test slots become available within a reasonable time frame then Mr Driving School cannot be held responsible for any extra costs or time required to prepare you fully. Test centres may be closed on weekends and bank holidays. Please be aware this may require more of your time to complete the driving course at a later date than you originally planned.
4. We are happy to manage both your theory and practical driving tests and make the bookings on your behalf. A small admin fee will be charged, for providing this service. Theory test bookings are £30 and Practical tests £72, Practical test’s on Saturday are £85.
5. You MUST bring the following with you to your test:
Your valid signed GB (or Northern Ireland) photo card licence or passport and other relevant driving licence if applicable.
6. It is a legal requirement to produce your licence and photographic evidence. Failure to bring these items with you, or if you are late for your test, you will not be allowed to sit your test and you will lose your fee.
7. If you need to reschedule your test, you must allow at least three clear working days before your test date,to avoid losing your fee.
1. You are able to satisfy the driving test eyesight requirements; (you can read a number plate from a distance of 20.5m or 67ft).
2. You satisfy the DVSA requirements regarding residency and eligibility
3. You must inform us before booking of any health issues either mental or physical which may affect your ability when booking any driving course.
4. You agree to book time off work if applicable only once the hours have been arranged and agreed in full with your instructor.
5. You attend your lessons on time. Failure to do so will result in you losing the allotted time and the driving school/instructor has no obligation in such circumstances to add any time to the end of your lesson. The instructor will wait for 20 minutes for the pupil at the agreed meeting point. If you are not in the car within 20 minutes of the agreed meeting time, and haven’t made contact with your instructor, we will assume the lesson has been terminated by you. The instructor is under no obligation to add this time on at the end of the course and the time will be forfeited.
6. You must not be under the influence of drink or drugs at any time during your course. The remainder of the course will be terminated and you will lose all fees paid.
7. A courteous approach is expected at all times and any abusive behaviour towards the instructor will not be tolerated. The course will be terminated immediately and any monies paid will not be refunded.
8. You must provide your provisional driving licence on your first lesson. Failure to do this means that by law the instructor cannot give you your driving lesson and this will result in you being charged the instructors hourly rate.
1. Any complaints must in the first instance be brought to the attention of the instructor or Mr Driving School. Leaving any grievances that you have until part way through your course is not acceptable.
2. If the complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily at this stage then it/they must be forwarded in writing to Mr Driving School.
3. Mr Driving School will investigate and respond with a proposed solution within 14 days of the written complaint.
4. If the proposed solution is acceptable then that is the end of the matter and no further action will be taken by either party.
In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide you with a driving instructor refunds may take between 30-60 business days to reach your account.
Should you wish to cancel your course you must do so within 14 days of booking it, £150 will be deducted from your refunded amount to cover admin costs.
When booking a course you have 3 months in which to complete it. If you exceed 3 months, any hours you have outstanding will be forfeited.
All our driving instructors are self employed men/women and some of them may charge a hire fee for the use of their car for the test.